Tuesday, June 5, 2012

In the Garden

I'm in love with June... I've missed it all year, and now that it's back, I want to hold onto it and never let go. The best part being all the beautiful-ness happening in our garden! It just makes you want to sing "the hills are alive with the sound of music" from the top of your lungs while frolicking through your yard. Unfortunately, my neighbors are a little to close for comfort... and things could get weird fast. So, instead, I'll share a few "what's blooming" pictures so I can keep my reputation in tact.
This is most likely my last round of Hydrangea blooms for the house :(

Absolutely in love with the Black Eyed Susans this year- this is the Toto Lemon species and has a purplish center
Daylillies! Got these from Abide Awhile in Mount Pleasant last year and they've been AMAZING- I love no maintenance blooming perennials!
Stokes Aster- We use this for ground cover around one of our crepe myrtles and it's absolutely gorgeous. Last year it was a bit wimpy, but came back in full force. The purple flowers have been blooming since early May.
Baby Sun Rose- We just planted this for ground cover in our patio flower bed. I'll report back on how it does, but it has a really cool waxy leaf with orange buds that open during the day and close at night.
Last but not least, our Camellia bush! They finished blooming a while ago, but they're my absolute favorite... and I figured what the hey.
Thanks for tolerating my post of garden pictures, but I've been so excited about all the June blooming!

1 comment: