Friday, June 1, 2012

Tailgate Treat- S'more Cookies



I have no will power. It’s a major fault, but I get through life by never buying/keeping any sweets in the house… and when I get the urge, I go to the nearest gas station and OD on snickers. I do. Anyway, the exception to my no sweets rule is my annual cookie party. All the girls come over, bake, drink wine, and catch an intense sugar high. I’m excited to share my creation and the recipe from my pinterest find, S’more cookies. I’ve already decided that this will be a staple at this years tailgates.

S’more Awesome-ness

Crust
  • 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Filling
  • 4 bars (1.55 oz each) milk chocolate candy, divided
  • 12 large marshmallows
Directions:
Crush Graham crackers in a large zip lock bag. When finely crushed combine with powder sugar and butter in a small bowl. Place 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cup of a mini muffin pan. (I’ve found that this consistently fills up 1 dozen and 11 mini muffin cups… which is kind of annoying)
Press crumbs to form shallow cups. Make sure each cup is tightly packed with a dip in the middle. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling.

Break two of the candy bars into rectangles. Break each rectangle in half and place in each cup.
 
Cut marshmallows in half crosswise using shears dipped in cold water. Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup. Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly softened. Remove pans from oven to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Carefully remove cups from pan. Cool completely.

 
Break remaining candy bars and place in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds. Spoon melted chocolate over top of marshmallows, forming a dallop… and eat… this cookie begs the question… would you like s’more? (sometimes you just have to go for the easy joke)
 
 Hope you enjoy this Tailgate Treat! The Queen of the Tailgate team is definitely in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment